5 Things You Always Wanted To Ask About Article Marketing Article marketing is most probably the most effective link building strategy in existence. Picture it this way. Article directories allow you to include a resource box for every article you will submit. Inside this resource box, you could include a link to your website. If you will submit just one article to 100 article directories, you’d immediately receive 100 back links to your website. There are thousands of article directories in the World Wide Web! Now, if you will submit, say, 5 articles to a hundred directories, you’ll get 500 backlinks easily! The best part about this strategy is that quite several article directories have high page ranks. We’re talking about PR4, PR5, and on occasion, PR7 websites! Having a link to your own website in a website with a high page rank would significantly boost your own pages’ search engine standing! All seems rosy with article marketing, but there are doubts about its real nature as with everything else. Let’s have a no hold barred, truly in-depth discussion about the matter by asking the questions you always had in your mind but had no opportunity to set loose. Let’s begin.
1. If I will submit the same article to many article directories, won’t it violate a search engine’s policy against duplicate content? No, it won’t. Since we’re dealing with high ranking websites, the search engines would assume that the submitted content is their original work. This is the reason why a lot of article directories are pretty confident about the articles they display. The problem that they encounter, really, is with regards to the credibility of their services. They don’t want to be known as a repository of junk content; that’s why they have outlawed the posting of PLR articles and articles imbued with affiliate links.
2. Does this mean that I could submit articles that I have already posted on my own web pages? No! Since the search engines would assume that the higher ranking websites are the originators of the content, your web pages would be distinguished as duplicates, which could lead to the de-index of your website. You wouldn’t want this to happen.
3. Could I submit as many articles as I could to as many article directories as possible? Yes, you could! In fact, this is very much advised to build up your link popularity and secure for your website a great page rank. However, please bear in mind that search engines, and Google, in particular, become quite wary about a website that suddenly experiences a great increase in the number of its back links. It is advised that before you submit another article to the article directories, you have to wait for at least 3 weeks after your last submission.
4. My page views are quite low. Does article marketing really work? Yes, article marketing does work! If your article’s page views remain at low levels, ask yourself the following: a. Is the subject of your article interesting enough? Does it cater to a wide audience? b. Is your title enticing enough to merit a reading of your entire work? c. Is your article informative enough to merit recommendation? d. Is your article readable enough to give your audience an easy time digesting the information you want to share? These are the factors that contribute to low page views. Doing some necessary editing to correct these problems can dramatically increase the number of times your article would be viewed. Additionally, some article directories really attract a few visitors. But the popular ones like www.ezinearticles.com , www.goarticles.com, and www.isnare.com should give you hundreds of readers in a month.
5. How sure am I that my article would be kept intact by people who would use it in their own websites or Ezines? You can never be sure. This is why you have to run your own check from time to time. Search for unique phrases in your article, and click on the results. Determine if the webmaster honored your resource box. If he did not, you could ask him to include the same, or you could file a complaint with the article directory so that they themselves could act on the matter. Vigilance is the key.
Contact GrowSmart for all your Digital Marketing needs.