8 Fallacies About Online Multi-Level Marketing Much have been said about multi-level marketing (MLM) of the online variety. While many people claim that it is a marvelous way of earning an income on the World Wide Web, an equal number of people condemn it for so many reasons that are borne from the fears they have with something as seemingly novel as online MLM programs. Which of these fears are true, and which are false? A closer study on some of the issues raised against online MLM programs will reveal the truth behind the subject.
- Online MLM is a ‘get rich quick’ scheme. It is not. You will have to invest some time and effort to achieve the highest possible success in this field. Online MLM will not gain for you some passive income, at least not immediately. You will have to develop your network and fill it up with dedicated individuals from whose efforts you will earn lower-tiered commissions.
2. Online MLM is a pyramid scheme. It is not. Online MLM is a creative kind of direct selling. Basically, a person is a customer of the MLM program, though unlike other setups, he is allowed to earn because of his purchase.
3. Online MLM is illegal. It is not. If online MLM is illegal, direct selling should likewise be considered unlawful. Online MLM, after all, is a form of direct selling by its very nature.
4. Online MLM is just as unstable as any pyramid scheme. This is a falsity. Pyramid schemes fail because they don’t have capital to rely on. They depend on the money they could derive from the multi-tiered ‘investors.’ Online MLM is based on real products that are actually sold to consumers. There is a real economy involved, hence ensuring the strength of the legs that support this kind of system.
5. Online MLM requires recruiting. It does not. The term ‘recruiting’ is quite misleading. You have to pre-sell the MLM program’s products to earn some commissions. Consequently, the people you manage to refer to will become members of your down the line. If they decide to pursue the earning opportunities presented by the MLM program itself, you could also earn from their activities.
6. Online MLM requires steep financial investments. This is partly true, though the adjective ‘steep’ is quite relative, as well as questionable. You will have to purchase a package prepared by the MLM program. But this is a condition precedent to the earning opportunities that you will gain access to. Consider it as your enrollment fee. The price of these packages varies; nonetheless, it’s a one-time fee that you are sure to recoup after referring three or more sales.
7. Online MLM is just a fad. Many enterprises have practiced Multi-level marketing since the ’60s. With the advent of the internet, an online variety is but the logical evolution of this strategy. Surely, something that has become a popular sales technique cannot be considered a mere fad for such a long time.
8. Online MLM programs are scams. Though some fraudulent companies use MLM programs to hide their devious schemes, most MLM programs are legit. The responsibility to determine credible MLM programs from dishonest ones would lie on the shoulders of the enrollee. Due diligence is required before committing to any undertaking, after all. Online MLM programs offer great opportunities for amazing income, which you could savor and enjoy. Hesitations, of course, are always healthy in endeavors like this. But try to investigate your fears, and you’ll discover that online MLM programs are safe investments that hold so much promise.
Contact GrowSmart for all your Digital Marketing needs.