The importance of internet marketing is continuing to expand. Surveys of all kinds show a major shift in traditional marketing budgets to dollars being spent online to market all types of products and services.
Internet Marketing Defined.
Internet marketing is the use of the Internet to advertise and sell products and services. Within the definition of Internet Marketing, you will mention pay per click advertising, banner ads, e-mail marketing, search engine marketing (including search engine optimization), blog marketing, and article marketing. Each of these subject areas is important to consider before planning your internet marketing strategy.
Internet Marketing Provides Many Benefits.
There are many advantages to having a fully executable internet marketing strategy. These benefits include measurability, flexibility, and affordability. Many online marketing tactics provide marketing professionals with the ability to customer acquisition costs. Moreover, marketing professionals can better track what marketing campaigns are working and quickly allocate their spending towards higher producing media placements.
Internet Marketing Tactics.
As the Internet has expanded, so have the opportunities for marketing online. Here we will take a brief look at each type of Internet marketing and explain each’s benefits.
- -per-click Advertising. Sites like Google offer pay-per-click advertising for anyone interested in getting their message in front of the right segment or prospective buyer. This method is highly targeted and offers one of the best and most popular forms of internet marketing. Marketers using pay-per-click advertising only pay a fee, based on the competitiveness of a keyword or ad title, when a link is clicked on.
2. Ads. Once the king of Internet marketing, online banner ads have evolved to include animated and flash banners, but the premise remains largely the same. Marketers purchase a specified number of impressions to run on a single site or network of sites and are generally not guaranteed a specific number of clicks.
3. Marketing. Effective among current clients and prospects who have requested information from your company, email marketing is a well-established means to communicate and marketing your products. However, be aware of CAN-SPAM requirements and the contact preferences of those you plan to reach.
4. Engine Marketing. If you want web browsers to visit your site, focusing on search engine optimization and search engine marketing is necessary. No Internet marketing plan is complete without ensuring that your site is submitted and included on major directories like Google, Yahoo!, and DMOZ. The dollars spent on Search Engine Marketing of any type will pay huge dividends.
5. Marketing. Getting mention of your site or information related to your products can quickly scale if you can effectively tap into the countless blogs created every day. It would help if you focused your efforts on blogs covering topics relevant to your product or service offering.
6. Marketing. One of the most important aspects of Internet Marketing is to improve the link popularity to your site and improve the awareness of your product or service offering. Many companies focus on publishing valuable content and making it available for others to post to their websites.
Regardless of the Internet marketing tactics you choose, be sure to consider an integrated marketing strategy. Be sure that your internet marketing has a specific goal and is supported with a definitive plan and budget. Lastly, be sure to pick up a book, conduct some research, or work with professionals to enhance your Internet marketing know-how.
Having a strong understanding of internet marketing and how to make the most of it will help you excel in today’s competitive environment. Learn about the power of internet marketing and how it can work for you.
Contact GrowSmart for all your Digital Marketing needs.