Social Media is one of the most powerful tools which can be used to market your products or services. Social Media helps your business attract new customers, increase your market reach, drive traffic to your website, get the customer’s feedback, etc. If you are a business looking to incorporate social media into your marketing plan but not sure which platform to choose, here are some tips.
- Choose social media platform where your audience is located.
In the process of choosing the best social media platform for your business, you need to understand
– Who are your customers?
– How do they spend time online?
– What channels are they using?
– Why are they using those channels?
– What kind of content do they prefer?
If you are not sure of all these, try designing a customer avatar to give you a rough idea of your customer.
– Demographics like age, gender, marital status, etc.,
– Psychographics like their opinions, lifestyle, personality, attitude & values
- Choose platforms that are specific to your content.
There are two types of content:
- Macro Content: It is long-form of content that adds value to the customer.
- Blogs – WordPress
- Podcasts – Podbean, Google, etc.,
- Videos – YouTube or IGTV
- Micro Content: It is a short form of content that is quick and easy to read and digest. Mostly, the bite-size of information is taken from a longer piece of content.
- Pictures on Instagram or Facebook
- Quotes & Tips – Instagram Reels & Stories
- Info-Graphics including Memes, GIF’s
- Check what your competitors are doing
Another strategy to know which social media platform you should be using for your business, check what platforms your competitors are using for their business and how they are doing on each platform. Analyse their strengths and weaknesses but don’t copy their content strategy. See what you can do better with your strengths. So, how do you analyse your competitor’s performance on social media platforms?
– Check how long they are on the platform?
– How frequently are they posting?
– What is their engagement rate?
– How many followers do they have?
– Is their reach increasing?
- Do you have the resources in hand?
- Who is going to manage your social media platforms?
Managing all DM’s and comments, monitoring the analytics, and creating the content consistently takes lots of effort. Trying to manage all these by yourself will consume a lot of your time and energy, affecting your main business activities. So, try having one in your team to manage your social media platforms and successfully grow your business online.
- How many platforms will you be able to manage?
You can be everywhere, but you won’t be gaining anything if you spread yourself across all social media platforms and do not create any content. You can pick two or three platforms and run them well.
- Common Social Media Platforms for Business.
Facebook is the most widely used social platform. Businesses can find their target audience on this platform with a wide user base. You can use Facebook to build brand awareness, drive traffic to your website, or lead generations. You can create groups on Facebook that will help with customer interaction.
Instagram is mainly created for mobile and is more popular with the younger generation. It is best to share Highly-Visual content. One can create short videos and share them through Instagram Reels and Stories to reach the consumers. The hashtags on this platform help to boost your reach.
LinkedIn is more formal compared to other social media platforms. It suits for promoting business-related content and is suitable for networking. People connect professionally on this platform and have better content for B2B users than B2C users.
YouTube is an excellent video-based platform. It helps the businesses to show off their brand personality. People prefer watching entertainment videos to learning new things on YouTube.
Twitter may not have a broad user base, but it is the most accessible and most engaged network. Every brand in the world has a Twitter account to give updates. You can expand your brand awareness by targeting with a simple “#’ and ‘@.’
Still not sure which platform to choose?
Contact GrowSmart for all your Digital Marketing needs and to handle your social media while concentrating on your business.