These tips will do wonders for increasing your Offline Marketing and the amount of traffic to your website, which of course, is what we all want to
1. Answering Machine — This one is easy for offline marketing; just be sure to include your URL, dot.com, in your answering machine messages!
2. Address Labels — Again, easy all your outgoing mail for everything. Use your address labels for more offline marketing of your business and website!
3. Business Cards — Definitely use them, get in the habit of carrying them with you and pass them out. “It Works,” you can even get your e-cards done, a newer way to share safely. Ask GrowSmart how to create eBizCards
4. Company vehicles — We all see vehicles with company names and telephone numbers on them driving our streets and motorways. This is a great idea as it gives potential customers a chance while out and about to learn about the company and learn about how to contact them should they need the service or product they offer at some stage in the future. I often wonder why more websites aren’t promoted by simply adding the company website URL. Also, you definitely should do this as part of your Offline Marketing!
5. Flyers — Post flyers on free local bulletin boards (grocery stores, discount chain stores, shopping malls, laundromats, dry cleaners, etc.). Print a flyer on bright yellow paper detailing your web address and your company. BE SURE to include your email address, URL as well as your telephone number! Tack the flyer to bulletin boards all over your town. Keep a supply in your car for handy offline marketing!
6. Freebies & Giveaways — This method is a personal favorite of mine. It involves purchasing and distributing items such as pencils, pens, t-shirts, mugs, mouse-pads, calendars, key-chains, bumper stickers, refrigerator magnets, and the like. All these items will have your URL, Logo, or Email address located somewhere on them, helping to market offline and attract people to your website.
7. Christmas Cards — Use your Christmas cards to all your customers for offline marketing with all your info URL, email, and phone numbers!
8. Checks & Coupons — Again, use all your information when using coupons and have your company checks printed with this information!
9. Web decals — are a new, inexpensive, and fun way to use offline marketing and attract attention to your website. People absolutely love them, and they are straightforward to use. Web decals are made of high-quality vinyl and printed with state of the art digital equipment. Display your website address and more in bold white or black & white letters. People stick them everywhere. In your car windows, store, office, and home windows, any place with glass!
10. Word of Mouth — easiest and a very viral form of offline marketing, your happy customers and friends pass it on!
11. Fax cover sheets — (many people forget this one for offline marketing!)
12. Personal brochures — about you and your company!
13. Printed Material — Print your URL (Web site address) everywhere you print your business name. Including business cards, flyers, signage, ads, product tags, labels, craft show directories (in shows you may be attending), and your business name is printed!
14. Newspapers, classifieds, and related magazines — The print media, which includes newspapers, journals, and magazines, is another avenue where you can have your URL exposed for everyone to see. It’s best to start advertising your products, services, and URL in local newspapers and then, if successful, continue onto regional and national publications. If you can’t afford the common graphical advertisement as seen throughout newspapers and journals related to your industry, don’t worry, as most of these publications have classified ad sections. Classified ads allow you to reach a targeted audience very cheaply with a simple short message. Of course, your URL is included in there somewhere, too, again a great source of offline marketing for your business!
15. Press releases — Press releases using them for offline marketing and promotion. As they’re sometimes known, press releases or news releases are newsworthy stories about your business that you send to various sections of the media. These media sections must be related to your industry for you to have any chance of success. Newsworthy stories are stories that readers of the media publications you submit to might be interested in.
If the journalist reads it and likes it, he or she may publish it or some of its contents in his or her publication; if this happens, you’re on to a winner because the public, in general, are much more responsive to a news story than a plain old hyped-up advertisement. This could mean they’ll enquire about or even purchase your products or services.
Using press releases for offline marketing of your website uses the same principles if it’s newsworthy, release it. Newsworthy events for websites include website launches, website relaunches, and new online services, among other items. Also, don’t forget online press releases!
16. ID-It Plates — These Elegant mini-Billboards promote YOU 365 days a year, enhance the appearance of your vehicles, last for years, and most important, give you literally Millions of Impressions and affordable offline marketing over their lifetime.
Conclusion — Even if your business only exists in the virtual world, you must realize ALL your customers live and always live in the physical world and therefore can be reached much better from the physical world. The moral of the story is never to forget about offline marketing and promotion of your website. Your success or failure could depend on it!
Search engines are not “the only form of marketing” these days as to how people will find your website (as was the case five years ago)! Many more people are visiting websites where they have seen the URL in writing. Why do you think so many television commercials these days always include the web address of the product they are promoting?
Contact GrowSmart for your marketing needs.