So you’ve decided to start publishing an e-newsletter, or you’d like to develop a Special Report as an added-value for your customers, or maybe you’ve even decided to teach a teleclass or a seminar as a way to bring prospects into your business.
So now you have to decide what you’re going to write or speak about. So just how do you come up with the content?
Well, you can start by looking at the knowledge you have that could truly benefit your prospects and customers. What do you know a lot about that your customers and prospects don’t? What information could you provide that could help them improve their business, make them happier, show them a different way to do something, or provide them with tips on how to buy or use the product or service you provide?
The key is finding out what information your prospects and customers need or want most. Asking them is the easiest way to find out, and it is a great way to generate content for your info products.
If you have made arrangements to speak to a group, ask the person coordinating your talk if there is a way to survey the group as to their most important questions relative to your line of business.
For example, if you offer Wellness Coaching Services, and speak to a group of corporate executives, find out their burning questions related to wellness.
In a corporate environment, they should quickly and easily compile this information via an email sent out to all employees who have been invited to your talk. Knowing that your goal is to speak directly to their concerns, they will probably be more likely to attend as well.
When you get your survey results, look for common or recurring questions, and focus your talk on the answers to these questions. Save any remaining questions as topics for your e-newsletter. You can use this as an incentive to get attendees to register for your e-newsletter by saying at the end of your talk, “If I didn’t cover your most pressing question, I invite you to register for my free e-newsletter where I will address all remaining questions.”
Here are five more ways to generate ideas and content:
1. Add a page to your web site where visitors can submit questions. You could title it “What is your most pressing question about [insert your topic of expertise here]. Make sure the page is visible and accessible from all of your web pages. Consider promoting this service throughout your web site to drive people to that page to submit a question.
2. Purchase the domain name “askYOURNAME.com” (where “YOURNAME” is your first and last name) and publicize it as a service and great place for consumers to get their most pressing questions in your subject area answered. Registering domains are cheap. You can always point it to a page on your existing website if you don’t want to pay additional web hosting fees.
3. Include an email address, or web page address, in your e-newsletter or any other form of regular communication, inviting your prospects and clients to submit their questions. Odds are if one prospect or client has a question, many others also have the same question.
4. If you do presentations or seminars already, hand out a survey at the end to find out what attendees liked best about your presentation (it’s always a good idea to get feedback anyway) and to find out if there are other relevant areas they would like to see you speak on, or if they have questions they’d like answered.
5. Keep your eyes open and your customers in mind when you read trade publications, magazines, or newspapers. If you come across something you think would be of interest to your prospects and customers, share it. Is something going on in the news that is relevant to your product or service? Write about it.
In addition to using this information to drive newsletter or presentation content, you can also use it to develop articles and content for your website or write Special Reports, Tips Sheets, or How-To Guides you can sell or use marketing to your prospects and customers.
Information products are a great way to market. But coming up with valuable content, your prospects and customers will love can be difficult. Here are 5 easy ways to generate the content your customers are asking for.
Contact GrowSmart for all your Digital Marketing needs.